Let's pray our way forward

Let's pray our way forward
Let the children come to me. Jesus

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Primed 4 U! Sermon on P for Prime

PRIMED 4 U!  Sermon Series starts January 11, 2015, Rev. Evelyn Lemons, Deerfield UMC
New Vision statement for our church: PRIMED 4 U!
We want to be a church in our PRIME in 2015!


Life Cycle of the church:
 Reference Dr. George Bullard


                                                         PRIME





BIRTH                                                                                                    DEATH


Prime:  Letter “P” Key Verse: Psalm 19:14
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” (NRSV).
            Praise: Let the words of my mouth
                        293 verses speak to praise
            Prayer: Meditation of my heart
                        253 verses speak to prayer
            Perfection:  Be acceptable to you
39 verses speak to perfection, John Wesley Sermons: Sermon 76 “On Perfection, Sermon 40 “Christian Perfection”  Perfection equals holiness.
Aimed at the Lord:  O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Key verses:
Praise:
          Isaiah 25: 1 “O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you, I will praise your name; for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.”
          Jeremiah 17:14 “Heal me , O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for you are my praise.”
          Psalm: 7:17 “I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteiousness, and sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.”
          Psalm: 9:2 “ I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.”
          Psalm: 18: 3 “I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so I shall be saved from my enemies.”
          Psalm: 22:22 “ I will tell of your name to my brothers and sisters; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you.”
          Psalm 150: 1 Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament!
          Psalm 150: 2 Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his surpassing greatness!

Prayer:
          Book of Psalms-the prayer book of the Bible
          Mt. 21:13 “My house shall be called a house of prayer;”
          Mt. 21:22 “Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.”
          Romans: 12:12 “ Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer.”
          Ephesians 6: 18  “ Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints.”
          Phillipians 4:6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”


Perfection: God’s perfection:
          Deut. 32:4 “The Rock, his work is perfect and his ways are just. A faithful God, without deceit, just and upright is he;
          2 Sam. 22:31 “ This God-his way is perfect; the promise of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all who take refuge in him.”
          Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the decrees of the Lord are sure, making wise the simple;
          Our call to perfection:
                    Mt. 5:48 “Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
                   Mt. 19:21 “ Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.”
                    Romans 12: 2 “ Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God-what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
                    2 Cor. 12:9 “ My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”
                   
Hebrews 5:9 “ and having been made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.
Hebrews 6: 1 “ Therefore let us go on toward perfection, leaving behind the basic teaching about Christ, and not laying again the foundation: repentance from dead works and faith toward God.”
Hebrews 10:4 “ For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.”
I John 2:5 “ but whoever obeys his word, truly in this person the love of God has reached perfection. By this we may be sure that we are in him:

I John 4:12  “ No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment