Let's pray our way forward

Let's pray our way forward
Let the children come to me. Jesus

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Getting ready for new mission project

The Watauga Missional Network did meet last week and we are continuing to narrow our focus on the one great big umbrella of an idea to use to draw the United Methodist Churches in our community together in purpose. I am seeing a common thread of interest in leaning towards looking for ways to serve the schools in our community, but I am also listening with open ears to all kinds of possibilities our new Missional Network may work together to meet the unmet needs in our community in the name of Christ. It is awesome to have so many young pastors serving in this community who have great ideas for missional possibilities. When we first started going out into the community to ask about the needs in our community, on my second stop which was the Hospitality House, I found a huge unmet need right then. The director said, "We need a 12 Step Recovery program going on under our roof right now. It is our number one need." I thought I was just going to collect information to share with my church and the Missional Network. The Lord had something different in mind. After wrestling whether or not it was my assignment from the Lord to lead this group to address this need, the Lord moved me forward with a green light. We have been meeting now for about 13 weeks and what a huge blessing it has been to lead a recovery ministry at the Hospitality House. I am finding healing for broken places in my life, that I had not anticipated. I headed into this ministry to serve, and I am finding out that the Lord intends for me to receive the blessing of healing at the same time.
   So for all the other pastors who are working towards trying to nail down our focus for the Missional Network, I hope you get snagged by the Holy Spirit too in some huge, life changing way, as we press towards a common goal in missions. It may not be what you had in mind, but I know God already has something in mind for each of us to lead. It is a matter of knowing what that is, and saying yes to the right thing at the right time. I hope for you the same. Get snagged by the Holy Spirit while you are on your way to the mission field. I can't wait to hear what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment